Monday, December 30, 2013

Thanksgiving






We spend Thanksgiving with my husband's family.  This year my job was to bring dessert for all of us.  I baked my usual cookies but then decided to venture out a little bit and do something a little more festive.  Actually my sister-in-law gave me the idea.  I googled mini pies and came up with a crazy easy recipe for mini cherry and pumpkin pies.

The girls and I had fun making them.  And, if I do say so myself, they turned out pretty good! 

Thanksgiving was great!  All the cousins did their annual Thanksgiving day play with a little twist.  "Yo, let's eat."  Pretty sure the Pilgrims and Indians didn't phrase it quite like that.  During dinner my niece announced she was engaged.  We like the guy she is going to marry.  He likes our kids and loves to hang out with them.  As evidenced by the following pictures.  

















Dinner prep.


Everyone gathered around the Thanksgiving table.


The kids, young and old acting silly with their place cards.






The oldest and youngest brother in the kitchen.


Like father, like son.


Girls and hair.




EG is in there.



Missing two of my husband's siblings and their families.  But, a good family picture none the less.


Always fun to get together . . . 

No comments: