Monday, July 27, 2015

EG and Me


We left some of our people at camp yesterday. I know they will have a blast. The two big girls have been before. But, this is Boop's first time for the whole week. Crazy!

It stresses me out to leave them there. But, I know they are in good hands. So many of the kids friends were there. We also know quite a few of the counselors and know the director and his other staff fairly well. Not to mention one of my favorite mom's is cooking all week. So, those bases are covered. I guess the real stressful part is Boop remembering basic hygiene and to put on sunscreen!

Anyway, that leaves me and EG together for the week. That is crazy too! I have never spent so much alone time with her. Last night she got DQ and we watched a movie. Today I played Little People with her and she has helped me clean and we walked the dog. (Many of these things my bigger people usually do.)

Tomorrow we will cook together and run errands and I will take her school shopping. Wednesday she has a playdate with a new friend. That will be weird, too, because I depend on the big kids to be my babysitter during playdates. Hmmmm. I will have to be on my toes. Thursday hubby is home so I think we will surprise her with lunch and a movie. And then Friday is pick up at camp. (Maybe fit swimming at Sissy's in there somewhere.)

EG is really good about playing by herself. Although she does crave interaction and she loves to talk. So far she hasn't said she misses them during the day. The night is the hardest because she is all alone in her bedroom. I miss my big people too but am enjoying my alone time with my baby.

If this week is like any of our other weeks, it will fly by regardless of how many people we have in the house . . . .

No comments: