Friday, August 21, 2015

Golf

About 3 months ago, maybe longer, we were watching some big golf tournament on TV. In the latter part of my life, I was around golf. I caddied a time or two for my mom and stepdad. When I was older, I worked at a country club and one benefit of that was I was able to take a lesson or two. The Pro said I had a good swing but I think he just wanted me to continue so I would actually pay for my lessons.

Anyway, Boop really enjoyed watching the tournament and expressed a desire to learn to golf. Well, I know that golf isn't the cheapest sport out there and I sure wasn't going to dump a ton of money into something I wasn't sure he would stick to. So, I started asking around. Trying to find out the best avenue for a young boy wanting to explore the game of golf.

A man that I serve with at church, who is an avid golfer, volunteered to take him out and hit some balls. His wife about week earlier, texted me with a picture of a junior golf set at Goodwill for $13! So, Boop has a set of clubs, and the man has since taken him out and shown him how to hit the ball.

Daddy found him a titanium driver that he is going to cut down and I am going to get him some whiffle balls before we have a neighborly accident. My sister's husband likes to golf, so maybe one day they can go out and hit a bucket of balls. Paul can hit them but isn't much on the finer points.

When our friend dropped Boop off from hitting some balls I asked if I need to quit my day job and get ready for the tour. He kind of chuckled and said maybe in about 10 years or so.  Like so much in life "who knows" but is having some fun right now . . .




No comments: