Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Guitar Recital



Little Man strummin' it up at his first ever guitar recital. He started taking lessons back in August. He really likes it and hopes to have a band with his friend.

He was super nervous and at one point wasn't going to perform. But, he saw his friend up there playing Silent Night and that motivated him so he was resolved to get up there too! 

He played Away in a Manager. And he did great! I was proud of him for learning the song. But, I told him I was most proud of the way he didn't give into his fear. We prayed together before he played and I didn't notice his hands shaking a bit. He told his daddy that once he started playing, he was fine.

It is so funny, because two weeks prior, he was singing on stage and had the lead role in our church's children's program. His teacher told me it is because it is something new. The wife of his teacher told me that some people just never get over the stage fright. They just learn to deal with it. 

I guess only time will tell. All I know is, he did great and he is ready to keep on learning. . . 

No comments: