Friday, January 15, 2016

Indiana Windmills

First, this is a disclaimer: I am pretty sure I took more pictures of the windmills in Indiana than I did of my kids.

The windmills just really blow my mind. I remember them from the last time we drove up through Indiana. Just looking at the miles and miles of them reminds me of some Syfy movie. They are massive! I was spinning a yarn as we were driving through them and the kids said I had quite the imagination. I envisioned them like aliens taking over the world. Sort of like transformers and if we watched them hard enough and long enough we would actually see them move. Almost like an army. Bending over to ransack a farm house.

To say I am intrigued by them would be an understatement. I really can't explain it. My pictures, with my phone, traveling at 79 miles an hour, just don't do the scene justice. I am not a big Syfy fan so my imagination is quite limited. But, I did entertain myself and the kids for the 15-20 or so minutes that we were able to see them. It definitely broke up the monotony of the Indiana farm countryside. . . .










No comments: