Thursday, April 14, 2016

My Story

It dawned on me the other day that even though I have had this blog for almost 8 years I have never shared my story. The story of my new life in Christ. My story is part of God's story and that is soooo amazing to me. My pastor said that basically God created me and my story so uniquely and that it is meant for me to share some one else or a bunch of someone elses out in the world.

So this is my story.

My mom became a follower of Christ when I was in my late teens. I was not living with her at that time. I remember receiving letters in the mail. And at the end of every one, she would always say she was praying for me and that I should read my Bible. At the time, I did not pay it much attention. I was a graduating Senior in high school. I had other things on my mind. But she never gave up.

Fast forward a couple of years and I was back living with her. We would attend church regularly. And one Sunday morning her prayers were answered. I was listening to the preacher share the good news of Christ's life, death and resurrection and at that moment I knew it was true. That God had sent His very own Son to live a sinless life, to die on the cross for the ultimate penalty of my sins and then rise from the grave and ascend into Heaven. Just like His story, the Bible. It just all made sense. I believe and I trusted and put my faith in Christ as my Savior.

I was definitely changed on the inside. God has said He wipes our slate clean once and for all when we put our faith in His Son and what He did. What He still does. When God now looks down upon me He sees me clothed in His righteousness. Amazing. Grace.

I am not perfect. Most days I have committed some type of sin by 8AM. But, I am a work in progress and thankfully He is not through with me yet. . . .

No comments: