Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Boop the Builder



The boy loves to build!  The above pictures are just a couple of things he has done over the summer.  He and his friend built the plane!  Since we have been home from the beach he is obsessed with military planes.  He has been reading about them, drawing them and memorizing the stats and names of them.  This week he started building them out of Legos.  

He is a boy so he does need some physical activity.  But, he totally needs mental activity.  He needs to exercise his brain.  He will sit for hours and build and draw and read about what he is interested in.  At one point, he had 5 encyclopedias in his bed.  Every night this week I have been telling him to put his stuff away and go to sleep.  At 10PM!

I am sure part of it is that he is my only boy and he just thinks differently.  And I am not familiar with it.  But, I just love the way his brain works!

Anyway, I am just so impressed by what he does . . . 

No comments: