Sunday, February 23, 2014

The iPhone

I have weakened.  I am now the owner of an iPhone 4s and I love it!!

About 3 1/2 weeks ago my mom got one.  And it was only 99 cents.  I thought to myself, if she has one, it might be about time for me to get one.  The day was coming when I would most likely have to get one because trying to find a flip phone anymore was almost impossible.  I had to make a few concessions like not quite so many fancy coffees to pay for the monthly data cost.  But, hey, that's life.

The man at the phone store was so patient with me and showed me a lot of what the phone can do.  But, the best part is Siri.  I can talk to Siri and tell her to remind me of something and she either sets an alarm or makes a note.  It has been so amazing.  I told the sales guy that Siri, on my fancy new phone, was the answer to my middle aged Swiss cheese brain.  I have used it more times than I can even count.

I am a queen of lists and I have a love affair with Post-It notes.  Now, I just type the lists in my phone and when I am shopping at Target, I just pull up my list.  It has a flashlight app so I can find my keys in my purse in the dark.  I have my meals on my calendar on my phone.  The texting capabilities so surpass what I had with my old phone.  I don't text a whole lot but it is a neat way for me to keep up with my peeps.  It take great pictures.  And it has a weather app.

It has definitely made some aspects of my life just a little bit easier.  And, at this stage of the game I am all about easier . . .

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

oh man, I SOOOO understand! I just got my Iphone 4s last months and I am LOVING it too!! I am afraid I am gonna lose the ability to remember ANYTHING on my own though! :)