Thursday, May 15, 2014

All in the Family

Well, most of the family.  The kids and I participated in our church's Easter Musical.  One of the nicer things about the kids growing up is, we can all be involved in stuff.  Together.

I love to sing.  I am not real good at it but I love it.  I love music and I can sing with the best of 'em in the car with the music blaring and the windows rolled up.  Around Easter and in the fall our choir director is always looking for bodies to fill the choir loft so this spring I volunteered.  This year he also invited the Youth Choir to sing with the adults.  So NG and one of her friends participated in the adult choir.  It was way cool to sing with my daughter right beside me.  She is an awesome singer if I do say so myself.  Much, much better than I am.

The three kids' choirs, in which LM, EG and Boop participate in, were able to sing a couple parts of the concert as well.  We would put the CD in the car and we would all practice together.  All of us but daddy, were up on the stage singing our hearts out for both programs (he was able to come to one of the performances.)  The program was fabulous.  We all had a great time.  My dad and stepmom were in town for one of the rehearsals and they really, really enjoyed it.

It took a lot of our time but I think it was well worth it.  Good times . . .





No comments: