Friday, February 27, 2015

Month of March

We are taking the month of March off of school.  I am taking the month to regroup and refocus.  It really is a multifaceted decision.  But some of the main reasons are:  we need to work on some heart issues and we all have them, NG will be starting high school next year and I really want to think about what that means for us as a family and we have kind of gotten away from some of the real reasons we homeschool and I will be figuring out how to bring some of those ideas back.

I am not sure what the month will look like.  I am praying about it all.  And I definitely want God to be in charge.  Guiding and directing all our moves, ideas etc.  We have some commitments that we will keep such as co-op, book club and book discussion.  We may take time to hone math skills.  I can totally see us taking field trips and working in the garden.  We will continue to read everyday.  And really work on life skills.  Grocery shopping within a budget, cooking, cleaning, how to mange screen time.  The list can go on and on.

I know I will re-do schedules and work on just getting the basics of everyday life down.  Chores and such.  And really think about/pray about where and how we want to serve.  We have our hands in a bunch of different things and right now I don't feel we are doing any of it very well.  And working on doing those few things with an attitude of thanksgiving and gratitude.  Then the rest of the time just working on our hearts and really trying to focus on what God wants from each one of us going forward.

When I was telling a friend the other day, she said I should journal about my experience.  I don't really journal anymore.  I am starting to keep a commonplace book.  But, I thought I would blog about it.  So, that is what I intend to do.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out . . .


No comments: