Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Latest Happenings

I dislike that life is so crazy for us right now. But, I have a moment to jot down a few of the happenings this weekend.

Boop and I started the weekend off by running a 5K together on Saturday. I hadn't run in almost 2 weeks but he really wanted to do it. So we worked it out. He started off pretty fast but about half way we ended up running the rest of the way together. At the end he put the afterburners on and beat me through the finish line. We both ran in under 36 minutes. Worked for me! We had a great time encouraging each other up and down the hills!

The girls had their Halloween party at church and dressed up as a Harry Potter witch and a nerd. Of course, I didn't take pictures of them. Or of Boop and our race. Oh well.

I did mange to get a picture of the kids at the pumpkin patch. We have been going to the same place for probably 10 years. I use to be so good about getting pictures. This year I was adamant about getting one. They humored me. No matching shirts or anything cute. I was just thankful they kind of looked like they liked each other.

Nature Girl had carved a pumpkin the night before with the youth group. But, we got three more pumpkins and let the other three carve. They did an awesome job all on their own. Last night EG put them all in the front yard, put candles in them and lit them. It looked spectacular! Because I am picture taking challenged I couldn't seem to get a great picture of them all lit up together, but did take one of each pumpkin.

See if you can figure out who carved what . . .






No comments: