Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Love My Kids

I feel yucky today.  It could be a lot of reasons.  Weather, sinuses, old age.  Anyway, no matter what the reason, it just isn't fun.  I don't feel so bad that I can't do anything.  But, I feel bad enough that everything is a chore.  And takes way too much energy.

But, this morning, we just kept plugging along.  We stopped school about 11:30 to get ready for lunch.  I was immediately shooed out of the kitchen and told to go lay down.  That the kids would handle lunch, cleaning the very messy kitchen and doing laundry.  I was just to rest!

That is soooo hard for me.  It is so hard for me to let go.  To loosen the reins.  To not be in control.  To just sit (or lay down)!  But, this post isn't about that.  It is about my awesome, wonderful, loving kids.  I laid down in the bed.  And Boop and EG joined me.  Then the girls brought me in the perfect lunch, a hard boiled egg, rye toast with butter and a glass of water.  Then they fixed there own.

After that they took my plate away and brought me the most amazing dessert.  A cookie covered in whipped cream and caramel sauce.  I ate the whole thing.  Of course, they got one too.  Then, to top it all off, I got a fresh cup of coffee!!  Now that was a surprise.  A delicious surprise and just what an achy, cold, tired, old body needed!

I can hear the girls bustling around out in the kitchen and living room.  The little guys are sitting next to me in the bed.  Boop came in a few minutes ago and confessed to me, that during our quiet time together, where we had just read about prayer out loud and prayer in our hearts, that he had prayed to God to have a "good day."  And then he gave me a big hug.

We will do a little more school.  Daddy is bringing home a movie and we will lay low for the rest of the day.

I would say that God answered my little man's prayers . . .

1 comment:

MollyMcFarland said...

Such a sweet little family. <3