Friday, February 17, 2012

My Middle

It is hard to believe but little, middle baby girl is going to be 9 on Saturday!  It seems like just yesterday I woke up, my water broke and off to the hospital we went.  She was a stubborn little stinker and just didn't want to be born.  Probably the hardest delivery I've had.  But, oh so, worth it!

She is such a beautiful, sweet, loving, compassionate little girl, young lady.  She hates to hear her baby sister cry.  She is magnetically drawn to other women's brand new babies.  She loves to hold them, hug them, play with them, love on them or just watch them.

She love to be with me whether it is in the kitchen or going to the grocery store.  She loves her family.  She loves to clean, clean like mop floors and clean toilets.  She is a domestic diva.  She loves all things domestic.   Sewing, crocheting, baking, mothering.  She is going to make a wonderful wife someday!

She has a style of her own.  She is girly and likes skirts and just a little bit of glitter.  She loves to wear headbands and I love when she wears her navy and white stripe shirt with her navy plaid headband.  It makes her big, blue eyes stand out.

Hers are the only eyes that have stayed a steely blue.  And they are big and beautiful.  Framed with dark, thick eyelashes.  Sometimes when I look into her face, I am amazed by the sweetness I see.  She can have her sassy streak but her great big heart tends to overshadow it.  And I am always a little shocked when she is a little sassy.

We just read a book about Mother Theresa.  In LM's oral book report she told everyone that she wanted to be a missionary in Calcutta.  My prayer is that she follows God where ever He leads her!

She is excited about her grandma coming today.  And that Grandma and Sissy are taking her out to lunch tomorrow.  Very rarely does she get to do stuff alone, so this is a big deal and I am so glad they doing this for her.  It makes her feel special.  And she gets their undivided attention.

We started her birthday celebration last weekend, while camping.  Three of the nine girls had February birthdays so we had a little party (pictures to come.)  Tomorrow will be LM day and Sunday will be her family party.  It is fun to celebrate for a whole week.

Happy Birthday, Little Mama.  You are so special to this family . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

I loved to hear so much about the birthday girl and the precious young woman she's becoming! I hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend!