Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We are not much on Valentine's around here.  Some years I do cards and candy for the kids.  Apparently last year we got them a birdfeeder.  This year, Valentine's Day kind of creeped up on us all.  The kids wanted to know if we had school!  They are so funny!

Hubby had asked last week what we were doing.  If we were exchanging gifts etc.  I told him no.  He really is so good to me that it isn't necessary for him to do something different than what he already does, just because someone decided to name February 14 Valentine's Day.  (Next year I am going to find out why that is.)  Can you tell neither one of us is very romantic?!?

I did make the kids each a card last week so I had those sitting at the breakfast table when they woke up.  And, it did promise TCBY after dinner.  They were thrilled!  We had a normal school day, although they did ask me again, if other kids were in school.

Later in the afternoon we had to go to Publix.  The bigger girls very secretively bought Valentine's for everyone.  When we got home, Boop, EG and I had to sit in his room while they placed it all on the table for our surprise.  It was so thoughtful and selfless!  Boop got candy and chocolate, EG got socks and candy, the girls bought each other chocolate, I got a coffee mug and "I Luv U" chocolate and daddy got a big Reese's candy and a chocolate fish!

Hubby came home between shifts and brought me flowers!  They were perfect.

The kids and I had dinner of mac and cheese then went to TCBY.  The kids loved it and as an added bonus we ran into a family from out LifeGroup (Sunday School class).  I got ice cream to go for both hubby and I to eat after the kids went to bed.

Then as another added bonus, after showers, I let the kids watch the Westminster Dog Show.  They were in heaven!  Those dogs are so darn cute.  EG fell asleep on the couch, LM and Boop went to bed around 9:15.  NG got to stay up until daddy got home (her week to stay up late with me.)

When hubby got home NG went to bed.  We ate our ice cream, watched a little TV.  I could not have planned a better Valentine's Day.  Perfect for our little family unit . . . .