Wednesday, March 26, 2014

They Are Back

On Friday, hubby and Nature Girl got back after being gone for 7 days.  They biked 168, removed a popcorn ceiling, did yard work, handed out flyers for their concert, surveyed the neighborhoods, played with the kids at the children's home and sang.

They were tired but happy.  Again, this year, hubby had nothing but fantastic things to say about all of the kids that went.  Worked hard.  Didn't complain.  Had fun.  And sang their hearts out.  They stayed most of the week at the facility of a children's home which was very nice.  And they had lots of work things and fun things for the kids to do.

Nature Girl did great again this year.  Although she did manage to fall off a merry-go-round, fall on a treadmill and have a minor crash two stops from home.  The worst of the bunch was the treadmill accident.  The kids, on Thursday night, were playing a game on the treadmill.  NG hopped on and then kind of fell while trying to hop off.  When she fell she held on to the bar while the treadmill was still running.  (She said because she didn't want her face to get hurt and she really didn't know what else to do.)  Everyone just kind of stood for a minute also not knowing what to do.  Finally, one of the teenage boys, hit the emergency button and rescued her.


By that time her legs were pretty well treadmill burned.  It looks painful but she says it only really hurts when she stays still for any length of time.  She had to dance for about 4 hours on Saturday but she said it was fine.  She is one tough cookie.






It is hard for me to describe the feeling I have when I see those men and all those kids ride over the hill, home.  Relief, pride, thankfulness and gratitude.  I know I have said it before, but when I saw those kids singing over 2 years ago, I just knew I wanted my kids to be a part of whatever they had going on in that youth choir.  God loving, hands and feet of Jesus serving teenagers.  Led by a bunch of men willing to put the time in to hang out with them.





It is/was crazy hard for me to let my baby girl go.  She is growing up and I struggle to adjust.  But, this is totally one of the blessings of my baby getting older . . . .

No comments: