Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy, Happy Birthday Nature Girl

I am not sure if that nickname applies much anymore!  As of 5:15 this morning I officially have a teenager.  She enjoys being outside, still, but she has turned into quite a young lady.  She is beautiful and graceful and she loves to sing.  All the time.  She brings so much life into our house!  I won't go into her birth story.  It is in this blog somewhere.

She was a month early, was in the hospital for more days than I would have liked.  She was our first and we learned soooooo much about being a parent.  Now she is the first teenager.  In preparation for this momentous occasion, I read a book called Age of Opportunity.  I am choosing to approach this new stage of life with the idea that it is an opportunity of growth and maturing and becoming a responsible adult.  A time where so much about life can be learned and navigated but still under our care and protection and guidance.  (A time for growth for us as well!!)

We will celebrate her all day.  No chores for her.  Cupcakes tonight after dinner.  We have dress rehearsal tonight for the Easter Musical we are in. But, Monday, she is having a small luncheon at a local cafe with a few of her friends.  And then daddy will take her for dinner next weekend.

Anyway, Happy, Happy, Happy 13th birthday to my beautiful baby girl . . . .



No comments: