Saturday, April 26, 2014

I Have Awesome Kids

This past week, we took Grandma to the doctor.  The kids sat in the waiting room for two hours.  They brought books and schoolwork and snacks.  I went back to the appointment room with my mom and never worried once about how they were behaving.  On the way out, the receptionist commented on how well behaved they were.

Two weeks prior to this doctor's appointment, they had to sit in the ER waiting room for over five hours.  Again, a bag full of stuff, a couple books, a Kindle and some snacks.  The older kids said they were entertained by the people coming and going.  Occasionally one of the kids would come back to my mom's room for a few minutes.  And my sister and I would check on them periodically.  Never once did they complain!

I don't kid myself thinking they were perfect angels.  But, I set high expectations and they did their best to see them met.  I could focus on what I needed to focus on and not worry about what they were doing.  It is wonderful to know that when push comes to shove, they rise to the occasion.

I know I don't say it enough or tell them enough, but, my kids are awesome . . .

No comments: