Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Training" Tidbits

Things I am learning as I am "training":

I am crazy scared of injuring something.

If I do not run first things in the morning, chances are I will not do it.

We will have to be organized and some what structured if I am going to continue to run during the school year.

My kids are more than capable of getting up, eating breakfast and doing their chores while I am running in the morning.

When I run by people I can't help but wonder what they are thinking.  Things like "wow, she is slow" or "why is she holding her phone?"

There is only so much time in the day.

You really can have only one priority.

For me to be successful, I have to have support from my family.

I am crazy competitive against myself.  I want to run further and faster.  And pretty sure I can't.  And shouldn't.  (Because I don't want to get hurt.)

We have a bunch of neighbors I have never seen before.

There is a lot going on first thing Saturday mornings.

I never in a million years would have thought I would be walking/running 5 times a week.

I love exercise clothes (so big and comfortable) and no longer consider myself a poser wearing them.

I looked down over the weekend and actually saw calf muscles!

So far so good . . . .



No comments: