Friday, September 5, 2014

My Happy Place

Because we homeschool, we have the awesome opportunity to take our family vacation after all of the other families go back to school.  We did it last year and enjoyed it so much we decided to do it again this year.  It is my idea of a perfect vacation.  Our days were spent doing a whole lot of nothing important or pressing.  Beach, pool, walking, biking, shopping, fishing, reading, movie watching and eating.  Oh yes, and football.  By Sunday I was well rested.  As was everyone else.

When we arrived Sunday night there was a massive thunderstorm.  We managed to get unpacked before it started so we were able to sit on the porch and just watch.  It was pretty amazing.  We could barely see the street.  But the morning dawned bright and beautiful.  And we never saw a drop of rain after that.

I decided to keep up my "training" while we were there.  So this is a picture is of my first morning run.  This picture doesn't do my view justice.  I had big beautiful beach houses on one side and the Gulf and beaches on the other.  And a wonderful breeze to keep me relatively cool.


Our first day was pool, grocery store and more pool.  And then after dinner we went for a walk on the beach at sunset.




The next day was more pool and I am not even sure what else.  And then an early dinner and off to fish.  Where we would fish is right next to an air force base.  And they had protected birds and I guess this was one of them.  It looks like a Great Blue Heron.  And he was not shy.



In our Science curriculum there is a book called "Pagoo" about a hermit crab.  And we found one on the beach so we named him Pagoo.  EG was especially fond of him.


Daddy School of Fishing.  Attended by everyone with undivided attention.  Well, except EG.  It isn't for the feint of heart taking and teaching four kids how to fish.  Hooks and live bait.  Oh my.  And I am here to tell you, I am not much help.  Although, the few times I did get to cast, it was kind of fun.







I forgot my camera at home so all I had was my phone and it did not do the scenery justice.  Such a beutiful night.







Well, that is it through day two.  More pictures to come . . . 



No comments: