Monday, September 29, 2014

My Little Man


He is 9 today!!!!  Super crazy to me.  (Yes I know he needs a hair cut.)  He is such an awesome kid.  Just a couple examples of how awesome the birthday boy really is:

First, his sister has a dance class tonight that she really wants to go to.  She is the youngest in the class and got moved up with a bunch of older girls.  She has been working hard to learn the dance steps and is worried if she misses class she will need that much more help to catch up.  We are having a family birthday party tonight.  I was telling his sister she probably wouldn't be able to go to class.  He looked at her and said "If she wants to go I want her to go."  So stickin' selfless.

Second, my sister is engaged. (More about that exciting event later I am sure!)  Anyway, this past Friday all of us met at a bridal salon to help my sister pick out a dress.  Daddy had to work so Boop had to go with all of us and sit there for about an hour or so checking out all the dresses with about 10 other girls.  He mentioned once it really wasn't something he wanted to do but never mentioned it again.  He never complained the whole time he was there.  And even gave his signature grin at the ladies a time or two!

Lastly, this morning I came home from running.  He saw me coming down the street and ran out in the drizzle to welcome me back and get a birthday hug.

This is just what he has done in the last week.  He is going to be such an awesome grown up man!  More about how we celebrated his birthday later.

Just wanted to share about what a great boy he is on his special day . . . 

No comments: