Monday, June 29, 2015

Another Wedding

I had the great honor of seeing one of my best friend's son's get married last month. I have known the boy since he was about 12. Maybe a little older or younger. I just remember him coming to my house when I would watch her kids and he would just hang out and read on the couch. I hardly ever knew he was around!

It was small wedding for a couple of different reasons. They did most of the planning all on their own. But, a couple of weeks before the wedding my friend called me with a lot on her plate and wanting "help" with the rehearsal dinner. It was going to be at the church and they were going to do all the cooking. I immediately told her to relax and that we would make it work.

We had another meeting with another lady from church. We worked on decoration (thanks also to Pintrest) and got together a great serving crew (my kids and two of their friends also from our Life Group) and the dinner was a hit! The food was fab, the decorations were spectacular and everyone had a great time.

Pulled pork, slaw, mac and cheese, old fashion soda pops in a galvanized tub and ice cream in little mason jars. So, so cute! I wish I would have gotten more pictures of the room and all the decor. 

The next day, the wedding was so sweet. The kids loved watching their friend's big brother get married. They enjoyed celebrating and dancing with bride and groom's family and our church family. My friend and her family looked so wonderful all dressed up. 

It really was a special day. Just wish I would have got more pictures . . . 


No comments: