Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Frozen Tundra


One of the things I wanted to do with the kids while we were in Green Bay was to take them skating. The older kids had skated before on, like, a plastic rink, which was soooo different then the actual thing! So, NK found us a great place to go real skating. And the kids loved it! And, for Florida kids, they did really well. No major spills! Hubby opted not to skate. The last time he did, he fell so hard that the ice shook! I think that was before we were even married.

I grew up skating, so that with the roller skating we have done in the past, it came back pretty quick. There were two girls at the rink who were fabulous. One of which was EG's age. I think EG was a little perplexed by that! Although, I didn't have to help her, really, at all. I just kind of hung by her in the beginning. The rest of the kids just went round and round.










I am glad we had the opportunity!

That morning we were able to go shopping at the Packer Pro Shop for the kids' Christmas gifts from Gpa and NK. And that was big fun. It is so crazy all of the things that they make and sell with the Packer logo. We went back a couple of days later just to look around a little more . . . 



No comments: