Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Girl's Night Out

Last night, for the first time in I can't tell you how long, a bunch of girls got together for dinner. At out last book club meeting, all of the moms were having a really great time just sitting and talking while the kids were playing.

A couple of days later (or maybe a couple of hours later) one of the mom's sent out an email trying to organize a dinner out with all of us so we could continue our conversation. And crazily enough, almost of us were able to go.

So, last night we went to a local restaurant, one that hubby would never go to and one that didn't have kids meals. The six of us broke bread together and talked. GEtting to know each other a little better. Sharing a little of ourselves. Our dreams, hopes and struggles.

It is great to rejoice with each other, all the blessings in our lives. And it is also just a wee bit comforting to know that others have struggles as well. Sometimes just the same as me.

I don't "need" girl time, necessarily. But, the longer I walk on this mom's walk, the more I understand the need for sharing a little bit of my life with others and experiencing a little bit of others' lives myself.

I am so thankful that God has placed this great group of women in my life. I know it makes my walk just a little bit easier . . .

No comments: