Friday, December 30, 2011

Thoughts for 2012

This very well might be my last post for 2011.  And probably for quite awhile.  So, I thought I would just jot down some things that are running through my head.

I want to raise Kingdom Kids.  I want to spend 2012 raising kids that want to love and serve God.  I want to encourage them to take their desires and dreams and give them to God.  And let Him work His will in their lives.

I want to be a mom that prays.  Over everything.  Whether it is going to the grocery store or trying to figure out how to encourage change in a child's heart.  Whether it is to read Shakespeare or Plutarch.  Whether we should be involved in Meals on Wheels or participate more in the local transition community.  Or whether or not I should buy that pair of shoes that is on sale.  Or, when we are having a bad day, stop and pray.  Or, when we are having good day stop and give thanks.  You get the drift.

I want our school to be different.  It isn't anything like what I had envisioned when I first started homeschooling.  I love that we read a ton and I love that I get an opportunity, everyday, to read one and one with each child.  But, we aren't doing some of the more hands on stuff that I would like.  We aren't taking the time to explore the things the kids enjoy.  I want to take more time in character building.  And handicraft stuff like gardening and crocheting and cross-stitch just to name of few.  (I have a list and will be praying over them.)

We leave for Wisconsin in a couple days.  We are soooo excited.  We are going to see tons of family and friends.  And we are praying for snow!  The kids have never seen it.

I want to read more.  I have so many books and there just doesn't seem to be enough time to read through them all.  I need to tell myself that reading is not a waste of time.  That it is OK for me to take 15 minutes during quiet time to read a little bit for myself.

We need to do better in working as a team.  That means the kids need to help.  I get behind and things don't get done because I feel I have to do it all myself.  The two older girls can certainly do more, with a little training, then I give them credit for.  Boop can be very helpful if I would just take the time to guide him.  I bet EG can even help too.  Given a little training.

I want a house of peace.  I want a house where my children enjoy being home.  That means I have to take the time to engage my kids.  Play games, go outside.  Listen to them.  (And boy can they talk.)  Be slow to anger and slow to speak.

Most of all, truly realize God really is in control.  That I need to act on my faith and have trust that He knows what He is doing.

I know there is more.  And maybe, Monday or Tuesday, if I have my chores done, I will post a few more thoughts.  But, for now, Happy New Year's everyone . . .


1 comment:

Katie said...

I agree with so much of this! Especially the "house of peace" paragraph.... definitely one of my goals too.

Can't wait to see you in WI :) (no snow yet!)