Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Club

About two weeks ago was book club.  We read Archimedes and the Door of Science.  Normally my kids just get up and do and impromptu report.

But, this month, responding to some of the cute things the other kids do, they each decided to do a little bit more.  All on their own.

Boop had Daddy create a pulley type system in the backyard and he told everyone just a little bit about the pulley.  Then everyone got a chance to try it out.

Then the girls did a little interview skit and it was so adorable.  Little Mama dressed up and pretended to be Archimedes.  Nature Girl was an interviewer named Carly Vinson.  NG would ask questions and LM would give answers according to what they had read in the book.

I was proud of all three of them.  I had been thinking to myself that we needed to be a little more prepared for book club.  Really take advantage of some of the learning that we do when we read.  And, before I could even verbalize it, they had come to me with their ideas.

One of those great parenting/teaching moments. . .






No comments: