Saturday, March 31, 2012

The List

Examples of things that suck joy out of my life:

disobedience WITH attitude
all types of disrespect (eye rolling, shoulder shrugging)
an imperfect hubby who is messy and forgetful
dealing with the same "sin" everyday (mine and the kids)
guilt
always something to do, think about, plan for
disorganization
clutter
lack of gratitude and appreciation (by me and the kids)
interruptions when I want to do something for myself
when someone does something better than me or that I want to do
so much to read so little time
high expectations
getting older
constant questions and need for attention
when I don't eat
forgetting (follow through)
when the new dog chews on stuff left around
dawdling
the feeling of being ignored
when I try to have a serious conversation and I am interrupted
the feeling of being totally responsible for everyone's choices and happiness
being pulled in 10 different directions
uncontrolled chaos
having to many places to be in one day
when my well thought through plans get changed

This list keeps growing, although the rate at which I add things has slowed down some.  And, this is not an exhaustive list.  Some things are just a little too personal to share.  And, I know, there are some things that you might say "really?"  But, I am just trying to be honest.

Some of these things might take a long time to change, some of these things may NEVER change.  But, I am confident, with the help of the Holy Spirit, that my outlook can change.  I will have bad days, I will fail and progress may be slow and even backwards.

If I have read it once, I have read it 20 times, I can not change others' hearts, but I can change mine.  Yes, I will have to work at it.  But, God has called me to be joyful so I know that it will happen.  If I rely on Him, put my faith and trust in Him and I don't give up . . .


1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Oh grl, I think I share every single one of those with you...except forgetting to eat because well, I just never forget to eat! :) but all of the rest....and I bet most moms feels most of those in any given week. I love your plan and perspective though....you are inspiring me to work on my own distractions from joy. Hugs!