Friday, March 16, 2012

Walk for Life

We have a pregnancy center in town.  The center encourages moms to keep their babies and then provide all different types of support from counseling, to diapers, to letting them know that God loves them and their baby.

I have always had a strong desire to help out there.  In the beginning I looked into counseling.  But, it was pretty intensive and I was right in the middle of raising my own growing family.  So, in the past we have brought donations of clothes, diapers and such.

About two weeks ago, a lady in our church got up and gave a very impassioned speech about the need for support for the annual Walk for Life for the center.  It is one of their big fund raisers.  Honestly I hadn't thought about it.  But, on Monday I got some info about the walk and found out the kids and dog could go.  So, we signed up.  A bunch of people supported us.

It was a beautiful day.  We walked with a friend and my sister and her friends were there also.  We saw a ton of people from out church.  The kids and I enjoyed the walk and they had a few activities afterwards for the kids.

We raised a little bit of money and showed our support for life.  I was so glad we went and look forward to supporting them again. . . .

No comments: