Friday, May 25, 2012

Cool Mom and Blueberries

What do those two things have to do with each other you may ask?








Well, yesterday we went blueberry picking.  It is an annual thing.  I think we have gone almost every year for the last 5 or so years.  I know I have taken Boop in a stroller.  And I have some vague recollection of picking berries pregnant.  But, I just can't remember who I was pregnant with.

Anyway, yesterday was the first time daddy ever went and we had fun.  We picked a TON of blueberries in 45 minutes!  Three gallons full of big, fat, sweet, juicy berries.  Little Mama and I each picked about a gallon.

After we chatted with the blueberry man we went down to the river to play in the water and swing on the rope.

Everyone was a little hesitant because the water was cold.  But, it was so clear.  We could see all kind of fish and a turtle.  There were a bunch of different birds and one that had a very distinct call but we could never figure out what it was.

Finally, with daddy leading the way, everyone jumped in off the rope.  Including me.  I wasn't planning on it but the kids asked and I figured what the heck.  I ain't getting any younger and we only live once.

For one morning, I was the cool mom . . .




















(Yup, that's me.)





No comments: