Sunday, December 23, 2012

Countdown to Christmas

I have to admit, even though I have two sick children today, I think I did OK this year.  I am a little apprehensive because I have a few gifts to wrap and I have to go to the grocery store for all of our food for the next few days.  But, other than that, I think I am golden!

We did some baking today.  Melted snowman cookies, thanks to Pinterest.  And then these really great rice crispy, peanut butter, oats and honey granola balls.  They are addicting.  I have a couple of other baking things I want to do.  But, it can happen tomorrow or even Monday morning.

About 3 months out, I downloaded a holiday organizer and I stuck to it for about 6 weeks.  And, it was enough to really help me accomplish some of the things I wanted to do.  Like bake for the workers at one of my hubby's details.  I am still going to bring bake goods to our dentist and doctor but we have appointments right after the holidays so I thought I would bring them then.

We have been doing a few extra "service projects."  Some planned, most not.  I had a really, really long list of special things I wanted to do.  But, I set my goals real high so I would at least do one or two!!

Even though I have a house of sicklies, I am feeling pretty good about the next few days.  Maybe it is a reflection of our efforts to focus on the real reason for the season. . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hope your sickies feel better --I have one too :(
I've seen those melted snowman cookies, so cute! Were they hard to make?
Merry, merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!!
Love,Katie