Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Forum

I could post on Facebook but I won't.  Too much sadness, too much tragedy, too much pain and suffering already.

I had to do a little Christmas shopping late yesterday afternoon and my heart was heavy.  So sad that I would cry while driving.  It was hard to smile at the cashiers and the people walking by.

We live in a world full of evil.  No amount of legislation and laws is going to take away the evil in the world or create a world with sinless people.  The world screams of sin of brokenness.  This is just another horrible, horrible, heartbreaking, life altering event.

Honestly, I am thankful I homeschool.  Come Monday morning I don't have to send my babies out there.  But, I cannot rest in that fact.  There is evil everywhere.  And I can only do so much.  I can choose to not drink or take drugs or carry a hand gun but evil is still out there.  We can make laws that ban alcohol, drugs and guns.  But broken, sinful people are still out there.  Everywhere.

These tragedies don't scream of more legislation.  They scream for the need of a Savior in a very broken and twisted world.

As I drove around yesterday wondering how those parents were going to deal with the loss of an only child, an oldest child, the middle baby, I kept on trying to focus on that God says there is hope.  To remember my hope lies in the fact that I am in this world for only a brief moment for the rest of eternity.  That some day I will be rejoicing with those children in Heaven.

Where there is no tears, no sadness and no evil . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

So well said, Ann.
It just hits too close to home, especially when I learned the children were Leah's age -- First Graders :(