Thursday, December 20, 2012

Full Circle




Today EG had her first ballet "recital."  Every year at Christmas time all the girls' ballet classes have a mini-recital.  It gives the parents an opportunity to see what the girls have been doing through out the semester.  And, for the little ones, it gives them an idea of what it feels like to be on stage.  With a room full of people watching.

It is one of my most favorite things I love about being a ballet mom.  Eight years ago I watched my very first beautiful ballerina take the stage for her very first time.  I cried and I cried and I cried when I watched my graceful beauty do her dance.

I have cried every year since, when each one of them has gotten up there for the very first time.  And today was no exception.  The three year old dance is highly anticipated by all who have ever watched three year olds do ballet.  They are so awesome.  And they try so hard.  And some just do what they do.  And it all comes together for such a wonderful experience.

The bigger girls have done some of their dances already on Monday and it is such a gift to see how much they have grown in their talents.  I am so proud of each of them.  NG so graceful and LM so joyful.  (I tear up with them as well.)

Today was a special memory maker.  My baby girl was up there for the very first time.  And my oldest girl was up there teaching/helping for the very first time. (LM getting it all on video.) It seems we have come full circle.

I know I am partial and certainly very proud.  But, this really is one of my most favorite parts about being a mom. . . .

1 comment:

MollyMcFarland said...

It's one of my favorite parts about being their aunt!