Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Date Night

This past Friday was date night.  Daddy took Nature Girl out on a date.  And I took Boop out on a date.  And oddly enough we all ended up at the same place at the end of the night.

Daddy took NG to Bonefish for a very belated birthday dinner.  They had a nice time, ate great food and watched people.  She had never been to Bonefish before and definitely enjoyed it.  They went to a local craft store after that and did some shopping for her Market Days crafts.  Much needed daddy daughter time.

I took Boop to Steak and Shake where we both ate too much!  He and I talked about all kinds of different things.  I asked him what his favorite subject in school was and he rolled his eyes at me and said "Awe mom."  Kind of like "give me a break."  But, then he answered that he likes to read.  He is a great reader!

Both hubby and I agreed then when a child is alone with one of us, they act different.  I guess, maybe, because they are not in competition to be heard.  Who knows.  It is a great time though.  I know it doesn't happen often enough, but I am glad that we got the chance this past week to hang out one on one.

Anyway, both Boop and I got a shake after dinner.  As we were walking out to the car, I heard someone call Boop's name.  I turned around, and in the drive thru at Steak and Shake, were daddy and NG.  NG was getting her dessert!

We chatted with them while they waited for the shake.  Then Boop and I went to spend some of his birthday money and then we met everyone at home.  We all crashed on the couch and watched the rest of the movie LM and EG were watching, the original movie Yours, Mine and Ours.  (Such a cute movie.)

It takes some coordinating to get the time alone.  But, I think it was enjoyable evening all the way around . . .


No comments: