Friday, October 4, 2013

I Love the Library

I just got back from the library and I love going!  I usually don't get any books for me because I am having too much fun picking out books for the kids and school.

I get books that I have on my school list that I don't want to buy.  I get books on subjects that the kids are studying.  I get books on things I want the kids to look at.  I get books that are full of pictures about a certain subject and just leave them on the coffee table.  I get books that I want the kids to read on random subjects.  Sometimes they read them.  Some times they don't.

This trip included a book on Shakespeare's Macbeth.  We have tried listening to it in the car but a certain younger person has a hard time with death and violence and the noises they have to make to get the point across.

We are studying cities in our state so I got a couple books on the oldest city.  Boop is learning about Vikings so I got three books on Vikings.  LM is reading about 16th/17th royalty so I got her a book on Queen Victoria.  I got a missionary biography for NG on Dietrich Bonhoeffer (which now that I think about it, we might be reading for book club in the Spring.)

When I got home (they couldn't go because they hadn't finished school and chores), EG wanted to know where her books were.  Mommy fail.  I didn't get her any.  Thankfully she doesn't dwell long.  On anything.  So, the crises was avoided.

I think when I get older and the kids are grown and I am looking for something to do, I am going to volunteer at the library.  Right now that just sounds so neat to me . . . .

No comments: