Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Book Club

For our book club we have been reading about our state's history and a lot of other fun stuff.  And, as I am sure I have mentioned before, we have been taking field trips around the area that pertain to our history.  

These are pictures from our last book club get together.  As it turns out there is an historical state park about 10 minutes from our home.  The park tells the history of The Lake Jackson People.  There are about 3 Indian mounds on the site and we arranged a guided tour with the park ranger.  I think we all learned just a little bit more about our local history.  Plus, it was a beautiful day and the kids had a great time playing in the park.  I think we stayed until early afternoon!



Park ranger explain the history of the people.


Replica of the pottery they made.


The stairs up to the top of one of the mounds.


Picture of Boop because he finally lost a tooth.  (The other two bottom teeth had to be pulled.)


The kids giving their reports.

I think book club is one of the kids' favorite parts of school.  I know it is one of mine . . . 

No comments: