Saturday, November 9, 2013

Jazz Concert

Last night the kids and I attended a jazz concert.  It was at a local church, featuring a jazz orchestra from a local college.  The orchestra was filled with accomplished musicians and led by a man who has played with many o the great names in the jazz world.  All that to say is, it was great!  And free. And, in Boop's words, loud.

They performed a concert of traditional and contemporary jazz along with a few swing tunes.  About a dozen or so couples got up and danced during the swing portion of the program.  The kids and I enjoyed watching them.  Quite a few were very talented.

I grew up listening to jazz and blues.  And this morning I am trying to figure out why I don't anymore.  Anyway, the kids humored me by listening intently.  Well, except for EG because we were out way past her bed time.  I hope through it all that I introduced my kids to something new.  And that maybe one of them will appreciate jazz and blues when they get older.

On the way home, I thanked them all for humoring me for the night.  We look forward to another concert after the new year. . . .

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

So awesome. I loooooooovr jazz and blues too! You have inspired me to be on the lookout for a local jazz/blues festival or concert now. Thanks, my friend....and glad you had fun.....hey, any new PW dishes lately? :)

Ann said...

No, no new PW dishes. But, we are having PW wings tonight. By far the best wings ever! And we like wings! When we were talking about Jazz and Blues the subject came up of our local jazz club and I think the last time we were there was with you and G! Remember that place??

Mary Beth said...

Lol yes! Dave's CC club....out in the boonies! I have some good memories there....is it still open? They served good fried catfish and greens too! Enjoy your PW wings! :)

Ann said...

It is still open. In fact I was thinking I want to go sometime after the holidays. ;) We will see. (The wings were great!)