Wednesday, January 8, 2014

PW Strikes Again

This post is for you MB!  (And I will have one more sometime soon!)

On December 31st we sat down as a family and looked over our goals for 2013.  One of mine was to cook through the Pioneer Woman's cookbook.  I did really well for awhile.  And then this school year started and it just became almost impossible to spend any time really cooking.  Much less cooking something new.

But, over the holidays I had a little bit of extra time.  Not much.  But a little.  So, here is one of the latest recipes I have tried from PW.  It is pork chops with cut up apple and homemade grits.  The dinner was a success.  I love pork chops anyway but this spin on it was really, really delicious.  And hubby LOVED the homemade grits.  As did I and I think at least 2 of the 4 kids liked them.


Most of the ingredients.  Real maple syrup which cost a small fortune.


Bacon and onions for the grits.  I cut the bacon too big.  But, no one in my family complained.  They all LOVE bacon with just about anything.


Add grits and heavy cream.


Fry up the chops.


Diced apple.


Let simmer all together for a little bit.

I didn't take any good presentation pictures.  You would place the diced apples on a plate and lay the pork chop on top with a big spoonful of grits on the side.

It was sooooo good.  With a little bit of preparation we could definitely do it again . . . 

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Oh man on man....yes please! That sounds amazing. Grits and bacon are are about my two favorite things....I am from Mississippi after all. :) add pork and apples....divine! Love your pW posts, you know....so thank you, my friend!