Monday, April 6, 2015

Week Three and Four (and Five)

If there has been a resounding theme for weeks three, four and now five it has definitely been relationships, relationships, relationships.  There is nothing more important than my relationship with Jesus, my relationships with my husband and my family and my relationships with friends and acquaintances.

Our life doesn't always reflect that.  In fact, we spend a lot of time just checking boxes.  Trying to get things done.  I think one of the things that I know I definitely need to change is to slow down and really experience each day to its fullest.  No matter what that day looks like.

One thing I am going to try to do at night is write down my activities for the next day.  And then take time to pray over them during my morning quiet time.  Remembering that God can send my way something totally not on my to-do list.  That no matter what is going on, right at that moment, that is exactly where God wants me to be.  Whether it is struggling through a Math lesson and making the thousandth peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

When there is choice between Math and a relationship, the relationship needs to win out.  At the end of the day, life isn't about Math, Science, History etc. (although they are important parts) but it is about people.  Loving people, serving people, sharing the love of Christ with people.  That is what is truly important. . .

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteous, and all these things shall be added to you."  Matthew 6:33

No comments: