Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tea Party










One of the things I have had on my homeschool to do list is have a weekly, or at least bi-weekly, tea party. I think I remember doing something with NG in Kindergarten. If I remember correctly we had snack and read out of the Blue Fairy Book.

At some point, though, it went by the wayside. Like so many other things I want to do. Last year I remember putting it on our calendar, for the first two months. And then, when it never happened, I just stopped putting it on.

This year, with my goal to make school funner, I am once again bound and determined to have "Tea Time." Only this time it is going to be a real party. Eventually.

I told the kids, if we continue to have a weekly, or at least bi-weekly tea time, I would buy the stuff to make real tea and maybe we could even make scones. But, in the meantime Goldfish and grape juice will have to do.

They each picked a tea cup they liked. (The cups we have were given to us from a wonderful family friend!) Even EG got in on the action when she woke up from her nap. I even had a chance to read one of the books I have been meaning to get to. It is calledWisdom and the Millers. Cute, short but meaningful chapters.

I think our tea party was a success. Now if we can just do it again. . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'll be right over! I love me a good tea party (I'll even bring the tea).

Ann said...

Thought of you while I typed it. ;) I love tea in the winter with a little honey. . . of course, iced and very, very sweet for the summer. . .

Diane Moody said...

Grinning from ear to ear as I sit here watching your sweethearts sip from those cups . . . I feel Aunt Lucille smiling as well!! I am SO thrilled you're making tea parties part of your schedule! Maybe one day I can come too!!