Saturday, October 1, 2011

Finally Fall!




First, I wish I was an awesome photographer (or at least a decent one) because these pictures would be way better!

Oh, and in case you didn't know it, I am so darn proud of myself!

I am not much for decorating for the seasons (with the exception of Christmas.) But, this year has been different.

I saw a picture in a magazine that caught my eye. A few days later hubby mentioned to me about doing a little fall decorating inside. (He loves to decorate outside for fall - hay bales, flowers, pumpkins, cornstalks.) So, I showed him my picture. He liked it and I asked if I could do it and he said sure. He gave me a budget and I started looking around at craft places when we were there for school project supplies.

Every year we have a fall festival and we just love getting ready for it. For a lot of different reasons. We all love this time of year. We love the anticipation of hanging out with friends and eating chili. It is usually a little cooler outside. I don't know. I can't really put my finger on exactly what it is. But we just love it!

Anyway, we have brought some of our outside fall decorating inside. And, at night, when the candles are lit on the hearth, it is just so warm and inviting. Like a home should be, I think . . .

2 comments:

MollyMcFarland said...

Looks good!

Ann said...

You can borrow the pix for your new business. Ha, ha!!