Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What Are Those Things?



So, for most of her very short life, EG has not worn shoes. And if she has, it has been flip-flops (what did we ever do before flip-flops?) It really only presents a problem when we are going into someplace and I have to carry her. Which I would anyway because it is a whole lot easier then trying to keep track of her.

The other day we went somewhere and she had to have shoes on. When she does where shoes and because they are usually flip-flops, she tends to take them off where ever we are. This time, though, where ever we were going (I just can't seem to remember), I needed for her to keep them on. So, I decided to put tennis shoes and socks on her.

As I was trying to get them on her, she was getting kind of impatient. She wasn't really sure what was going on. I mean she knew they were shoes and all, but they just felt so weird on her feet. So confining I guess.

When she stood up to walk, she looked so awkward. She would pick up her foot and try to shake her shoe off. I explained that she needed to leave them on. Watching her walk was hysterical. She would take over exaggerated steps. And almost trip over her own feet.

This was all about a week ago. She hasn't worn shoes since. Thank heavens we live in a climate where shoes are optional about 9 months out of the year . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Seriously? That is too funny!