Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day Four

I don't have specific memories of this zoo.  But, I am certain, considering I lived in the area for quite some time during my elementary school years, that I must have visited.  Anyway, the whole family was really very excited to go to the Milwaukee County Zoo.  It happened to be family day so we all got in for FREE!!

It was another great day for us to be out and about.  It was partly sunny and certainly not to cold.  And, when we did get cold, there were inside exhibits of animals to look at.

The Zoo at the Zoo!



We didn't take pictures of every animal we saw.  Mostly just the ones we really, really liked.  But, there were tons of different types of animals.  Many the kids had never seen before.  They had an "aquarium" of sorts and an aviary.




There had to be at least a dozen different types of apes and gorillas.  I forget what these are called but they were very, very small.  And so darn cute.  I think the kids wanted to bring one home!




The peacocks were just walking around the zoo.   So beautiful and such vibrant colors.




Guess who took this picture?  And, about a dozen or so just like it!




We took a train ride around the whole zoo.  The kids loved it!  The train is actually run by steam.




Hubby's favorite birds in the aviary were the Mandarin Ducks.  They are beautiful.  The aviary was really neat.  The kids loved identifying birds and watching them fly all around us.




The big cats were a big hit.  Very majestic.






My personal favorite were the giraffes.  The are really one of God's most unusual creatures.



We were at the zoo from about an hour after it opened until it closed.  The kids were disappointed to leave.  They could have stayed there for another couple of hours.  It was a great trip for all the kids and the adults alike. . .

1 comment:

Mamajil said...

I love zoos....they are my absolute favorite!!! So much so that my family always teases me about it!! Glad y'all had a fun day!