Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our New Year's Eve

I think, for many years past, hubby is usually working.  In fact, I am pretty sure in the last 10 years I have never seen the ball drop!  But, because hubby was home, I decided we were going to celebrate.  Plus, the kids are getting older and I knew they would probably make it to midnight!



So, we had a very relaxed day.  Just hanging around the house and doing a few chores.  We had cheese, crackers, sausage and veggies from our garden for a picnic lunch in the back yard.  It was gorgeous.  After lunch we all just laid in the sun and let the rays warm our bodies.

Later on in the afternoon, we played our favorite new board game.  It is called 10 Days in Africa and it is so much fun.  And, don't tell the kids, but they are learning geography as well.  We are currently studying Africa in school and both NG and LM can name at least 7 countries in Africa.  It is a game of logic and planning and, yet, very, very entertaining.  The company makes a USA, Europe and Asia version as well.  Guess what I will be doing with my Amazon gift card?  ;)

We had one of the kids' favorite meals, chicken chili.  There was only one serving left!!  After dinner, every one got ready for bed and we all camped out on the living room floor and couch.  We had brownie sundaes and watched movies all night long.  The three girls slept on the floor.  Boop, me and daddy slept on the couch.

When the last movie was over, around 11:30, the big girls woke me up.  We watched Abbot and Costello and the girls had never seen them before.  They laughed and laughed and laughed.  I kept switching to watch the ball drop and they wanted me to switch back!  At about 11:58 we stayed tuned to the ball and watched it drop.  LM woke daddy just in time.

The minute it was over, they turned back to Abbot and Costello and wanted to stay up all night and watch.  We made a deal, they could watch until 12:30 and then record the rest.  I think that was the best part for them.  Hubby and I used to watch it when we were kids.  They are really funny.  Even I was laughing!

It was a great New Year's Eve for us.  I hope everyone had a great night!  Happy New Year  . . .

No comments: