Friday, March 8, 2013

PW: Not Sure the Week

As I mentioned before, I am a little behind in my Pioneer Woman cooking.  We decided to take a week off just to get caught up.  But, I still have not made the fried mozzarella sticks (this weekend) and the iced coffee (it has been WAY too cold to drink ice coffee.)

But, I have been able to make her basic chicken salad recipe which turned out to be really good.  I was a little surprised by that because first of all hubby makes an awesome chicken salad so we are kind of spoiled.  Second of all, we are not a big fruit and nuts in our salads and this recipe had both!

We all agreed that daddy's chicken salad was the best.  But, this is a great summer salad when we need a little change.  I don't think I would put it on bread.  It is the kind of salad that you put on a bed of lettuce and serve with a fancy bread like a croissant or something.  It was good and it was easy and I can totally see us doing it again.









Next up was wings and, as a family, we are a connoisseur of wings!  So, this was going to be another tough recipe for us to judge.  Again, it was pretty simple (except for the frying part but I am learning.)  The PW wing sauce was fabulous and we have decided we will not be buying wings out anymore.  The whole family said these were the best, by far, then any we could get out!  And it is considerably cheaper.  Next time we will have to double the recipe though!

The blue cheese dressing was an added bonus.  Hubby mentioned adding some extra ingredients to make it just right.

Next up is lemon blueberry pancakes and malted milk chocolate chip cookies. . . .


1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

YUM as usual! Can you share what kind of fruit and nuts went into the chicken salad? My favorite is chicken salad with pineapple tidbits and sliced almonds...but am always open to new ideas! (What does Paul put into his too that is so awesome?) I want all your tips! :)