Thursday, March 21, 2013

More PW Cooking

So, our little break is over and we are back to some Pioneer Woman cooking!  The following pictures of from the lemon blueberry pancakes.  And they were delicious.  I loved the mix of the citrus and the sweet!  I doubled the recipe and I think we ate all but 5 or 6 pancakes and had those for breakfast the next day.  I usually make whole wheat pancakes but I can very simply add the lemon zest, juice and blueberries to my current whole wheat recipe.  Same great flavor just maybe a little healthier.  We love breakfast for dinner.






Next up was pan fried kale.  I have heard so many great things about kale.  From chips to smoothies.  So I was real excited to try this.  A bunch of kale bought at our local co-op, 5-6 minced garlic cloves, a little bit of oil and we had a great veggie side dish.  I found that there is a perfect time between raw and totally cooked down where the kale was just right, not too crunchy not too soggy.  I will work on that happy medium in the future.






The last recipe I tried was the malted chocolate chip cookies.  I made these as a dessert for a "thing" we had at the house this past weekend.  I doubled this recipe as well.  All in all the cookies were tasty.  Everyone enjoyed them.  One downside I had was, they were to baked on wax paper on a cookie sheet.  I had a real tough time getting them off the wax paper.  Not sure why that was.  They were a nice change of pace from the cookies I usually make.  But, in all honesty, I think "my" cookie recipe is much better.



I made the ice coffee the other day with some left over coffee I had made.  It was good if you like coffee in the afternoon.  I let the kids each have a sip and they thought it was fabulous!  Go figure!

I still have to make the mozzarella cheese sticks and tonight we are having the His/Hers hamburgers.  My hubby makes one of the best hamburgers around, so this will be a true test of Pioneer Woman's talents.  Stayed tuned for our family review . . . 

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

oooh so many things to say about this post! cannot wait to hear about His/her burgers! Dan and I have gotten into bleu chese and sundried tomato burgers lately and they are yummy! Oh and I love breakfast for dinner too but my family does not! Weirdos, right? :) And what exactly makes the cookies malted? Curious!!

Ann said...

His/her burgers were delicious. Pictures to come soon. We decided it would be a great idea the next time we have peeps over to have a burger bar! Wish you were here to invite!! Big heaping tablespoon of malt powder used in ice cream malts for the cookie recipe. Did you get Paul's "recipe" for chicken salad I emailed?