Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Second Run

A week after our first attempt at a 5K, Nature Girl asked her daddy if she could run in a second race coming up the following week.  I left it to him as to whether he wanted to spend the money and watch the little guys.  (He had no real desire to run a 5K on his day off.  Plus the gun show was in town.)

Of course, daddy said yes.  I figured if I was going to take her, then I would "run" too.  We knew another family participating so that always makes it more fun.

Anyway, it was beautiful morning and a beautiful route.  Once the race started I never saw NG again.  She beat her time from the previous week by 5 minutes.  I was in the back with the walker/runners.  But, I was able to beat my time by almost 10 minutes.

We were both proud of ourselves and enjoyed the pancake and sausage breakfast afterwards.  Unfortunately, we haven't done much walking/running since then.


Anyway, it was kind of cool for just the two of us to do something kind of grown up together . . .