Sunday, May 26, 2013

Comfort Food PW Style

Maybe because it is warm weather here or maybe because I didn't make this just right or maybe it is because we have had better beef stew.  I don't know.  But, last weeks recipe was PW's beef stew and it was OK.  I will say, two of my friends made it and they LOVED it.  Chances are it was just me.  Hubby had some good ideas that might improved on it for next time.






It had all the right ingredients and it really wasn't very hard.  And as you can see it looked delicious.  Maybe it just needed a tad more salt.

Now the dessert we had was crazy good!  It is Pots de Creme.  I am not even sure I spelled it right.  Anyway, it was coffee and chocolate chips blended together to make a wonderful mousse and then I added a heavy cream topping.  It was so easy but, oh, so delicious.







I am not sure how many recipes we have done so far, but it has been super fun taking this challenge.  I am so much more confident in the kitchen which has helped tremendously with my every day cooking.  And we all have tried things that I am not certain we would have never eaten before.  

Now, I think, we are probably on to some of the little bit harder recipes.  We will see how that goes . . . 

No comments: