Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mexican with PW

I think we are getting pretty close to having prepared many of the easier recipes in the Pioneer Woman cookbook!  And the beef and bean burritos were one of the easiest and so very yummy.  What made it extra special is that we were using our grass fed beef from the quarter cow we had recently purchased.  Special seasonings, onion, melted cheese and a warmed up tortilla.  Move over Taco Bell!  Definitely a kid favorite.




I was going to make the Mexican Rice from PW along with the burritos.  Makes sense, right?  But, of course I forgot to buy some of the ingredients and by the time I realized it, it was too late to run back to the store.  And, in all honesty, very rarely do I pack up the four kids and run to the grocery store for just one thing.  So we had to have a plan B for another day.  And this is what I came up with, Mexican rice stuffed peppers.  I added a little of our grass fed ground beef and we had a whole other meal.  Stuffed peppers are one of my all time favorite meals.  And these turned out fabulous.

Maybe not such a big hit with the kids.  But they ate them.  That is about all I can ask.




With our bumper crop of green peppers this summer, I can certainly see me doing this again . . . 

No comments: