Saturday, August 31, 2013

More PW Cooking

The following are some pictures for some PW recipes I have done over the summer.  I will try to remember what they all are.
I think this is a tomato brisket.  I remember it being delicious and pretty easy.



The following pictures are from the perfect spinach salad.  We will definitely do that again.  We love salad for dinner around here.  The bread is sour dough that I am able to make from my ground wheat.  (Not PW)  We ate it with the salad.  It is really good and healthier then regular bread.  I am still trying to perfect the loaf.  Mine comes out a little flat but it is tasty.  Especially when it is right out of the oven with lots of butter.






Next was steak with a creamy blue cheese, onion sauce.  It was good but I am not sure we would do it again.  I think the taste overwhelmed the flavor of the steak.  And hubby makes a really good steak.




Lastly was PW sloppy joes.  We had friends over for dinner that night and everyone raved over the recipe.  It is definitely better than Manwich!!  It had a lot of flavor!  We made so much that we froze what we had left over and ate the rest just the other night.  I didn't get a presentation plate picture so you will just have to take my word that it looked delicious once placed on a buttery, toasted bun.




I haven't tried a recipe in a couple weeks.  And, with school and ballet starting and I am not sure how it will work out.  But, I miss the challenge so we will see. . . 

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Wow. You know How much I love your PW posts and pics....and these are just as impressive as the previous ones. That spinach salad is making my mouth water....crispy bacon, sautéed onions And mushrooms on fresh spinach? Yes please! Girl, you amaze me....you have four kids and somehow still find time to create some awesome dinners!