Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Beach

Tomorrow we leave for the beach on our first family vacation.  Well, it isn't exactly our first family vacation.  About 3 years ago we went camping in Savannah for a long weekend.  And, when I was pregnant with EG we went to Disney for a couple of days.

We travel a lot.  We have family all over and we visit them and take advantage of that type of traveling.  And I am so thankful we can do that.  We camp with a lot with friends and that is such a blessing.  But, tomorrow we are going for 7 days, to the beach, just us, with nothing to do but sun, fun, swim and relax.

I am so excited to do nothing I can hardly stand it.  When we travel I usually bring a stack of books that I never read.  I have every intention of actually reading this time around.  We are having simple meals and a plan on rainy days to visit the local shops.  But, that is it!

The pool is right outside the back double doors.  The beach is literally across the street so we will be fishing and hunting for shells.  There is a bike path right out the back door so we will be our riding bikes.

The condo is pretty small.  One bedroom, one bath but with bunk beds in a hall and a fold out couch.  We will make the best of it.  Card games, board games and movies.  But, hopefully we will be spending the majority of our time outdoors.

So, can you tell I am excited!?!  Well I am and I am looking forward to a wonderful time just relaxing and enjoying the sunshine with my family . . .

No comments: