Wednesday, August 14, 2013

PW Desserts

I am a firm believer that dessert is chocolate.  If a dessert doesn't have some type of chocolate in it, I have been know to say "no thank you."  I take my chocolate and dessert pretty seriously.  That is, until I started making Pioneer Woman desserts.

I think the following recipe is the third dessert I have made of hers that doesn't contain chocolate and it was fabulous.  These are pictures of her Apple Brown Betty.  And talk about easy!  I think the hardest part was to peel the apples.  And we have an apple peeler!







That is butter on the top!!




The recipe had a special topping and we liked it but we decided the next time we make it, we will top it with vanilla ice cream.  It really was delicious . . . 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Nothing wrong with chocolate, but my favorite desserts ALWAYS have fruit in them.... lemon meringue pie, rhubarb custard bars, apple cake, banana bread....(I could go on). Apple Brown Betty sounds right up my alley!